enhances the performance and precision of drug delivery, offering the
potential to promote faster onset of action, therapeutic efficacy at
lower doses and abuse resistance.
- Faster onset - sublingual and buccal delivery
- Potential for reduced drug load vs. gastrically absorbed tablets
- Reduction of GI adverse events
- Reduction of first pass effect when delivered buccally or sublingually
- Abuse resistant
PharmFilm® is a unique option for patients whose condition makes oral medication regimens or injectable drug therapies a challenge.
- Quick dissolving, easy-to-use, and taste-masked
- Guaranteed dose administration
- Non-invasive delivery
- Durable and portable
- Ideal for difficult disease demographics
- Well-suited for challenging patient populations - pediatric, geriatric, psychiatric
is designed to accommodate a wide-range of dosing regimens and delivery
options, with the film platform being ideally suited for large, very
precise commercial output.
- Direct drug administration via oral mucosal membranes and additional orifices
- Very low doses to larger doses
- Nanoparticle delivery (milli to nano doses)
- Custom absorption kinetics
- 1 billion+ annual strip capacity
creates a unique value proposition for commercialized pharmaceutical
products “looking over the patent cliff” or new chemical entities
seeking a differentiated, highly-marketable dosage form.
- Extensive IP protection - 30 allowed patents, with nearly 200 pending worldwide
- Not substitutable at pharmacy - prescriptions in PharmFilm® must be filled in PharmFilm®
- Highly differentiated, elegant delivery platform
- FDA approved; commercially available products